09:00 - 14:00 & 18:00 - 21:00
Email us: (0030) 27210 77977 (0030) 6946533666
We hope that some of the information included here will help you get the most from you car rental and help you enjoy your visit to Stoupa and the surrounding area.
Driving directions from Kalamata Airport to Stoupa
- Immediately at the exit to the Airport there is a roundabout* - you need to go around the roundabout and take the 2nd exit (signposted Kalamata).
- Carry on along this road and you will come to another roundabout - go straight taking the 1st exit towards Kalamata. Continue straight until you come to a set of traffic lights (3.2km). At these lights TURN RIGHT (signposted Kalamata).
- After a short distance this road will split into a dual carriageway immediately followed by a set of traffic lights (1.25km). Continue STRAIGHT ON through this set and the next set that you pass until you reach a third set (4km).
- At this set of traffic lights TURN RIGHT (signposted Sea Front/Aeropoli)
- Continue for approximately 400 metres along this dual carriageway staying in the left hand lane. Take the FIRST LEFT (as the central boundary finishes, signposted Sea Front/Aeropoli)
- Continue for a short way until you come to a roundabout (700m). At this go straight on.
- You will now cross a number of traffic lights, continue straight over each. When you pass a filling station on your left and the road then bears sharp right about 200m after, you will then come to another set of traffic light where you are facing the sea.
- TURN LEFT at these traffic lights along the Beach Front road.
- Stay on this beach road passing the hotel FILOXENIA on your right hand side as the road bears to the left.
- At the top of this road TURN RIGHT (signposted Stoupa 39km)
- Continue straight along this road for approximately 3km until the road eventually forks into two. At the fork TURN LEFT (signposted Kambos/Kardamili/Stoupa/Areopoli)
- This is now the road that will lead you to the top of the mountain road and then back down again into the villages of Kardamili, Stoupa, Agios Nikolaos. Take the bends nice and slowly and enjoy the journey.
Driving directions from Stoupa to Kalamata Airport
- There is only one main road to get to Kalamata and you will stay on this road. Take the bends nice and slowly and enjoy the journey.
- From Katerina’s Supermarket you will head to Kardamyli.
- You will drive through Kardamyli and up into the mountains. After ten minutes or so you will see the village of Prosilio on your right. You are on your way.
- You will pass through the villages of Stavropigio and Kambos and over the gorge. Soon you will be able to see Kalamata in the distance.You will pass the Messinian Bay Hotel on your left. You will then pass a pharmacy on the right that has a sign showing the temperature and the date. Ahead of this the road will split into two. You can either drive straight on or bear round to the left. The Fotini Apartments are directly in front on the left hand side. Turn left here. You have right of way, to take you to the seafront.
- You will drive past the Filoxenia Hotel on the left and you will see the sea in front of you. Stay on this road until you reach the end where the road bears right and then left again. You will see a large Jumbo store in front of you. The road still bears round to the right and you will come to a small roundabout. Here you will take the third exit (turning left).
- You will then drive over a dry river bed and the road will bear right. You will pass Carrefour Supermarket on the left. You will see a set of traffic lights ahead and you will keep in the left hand lane to turn left. You will then stay on this road until you see a sign for the the airport saying 2km. Keep in the left hand lane until you see the traffic lights ahead where you will turn left.
- When you come to the roundabout go straight across and immediately at the exit/entrance to the airport is a 2nd roundabout - you take the 1st exit right and you are at the entrance of the airport car parking. It is not well sign posted and people tend to drive straight past so keep your eyes open.
- We hope you enjoyed the journey and look forward to seeing you again on your return.
* Roundabouts in Greece
The rule in Greece is to give way to traffic from the right. Unlike most other countries, in Greece traffic on a roundabout has to stop and give way to traffic entering the roundabout (from the right). Try to observe this rule, but there are several locations and even particular entry/exit points on a roundabout where no one seems to follow that rule. Proceed with caution and watch what other roads users do.